Sunday, April 19, 2009

True Love.....I've seen it!

Hi everyone, it's Terry and I have been asked to be a guest blogger today on Sweet Shirley's blog.

Have I told you all just how much I love this woman? Have I told you what a truly AMAZING person she is? Have I told you how much she loves God? Have I shared with you how she brings a smile to EVERYONE'S face? Have I shared with you the love that I have seen between her and her husband?

Well, I could go on and on about all of the above, but today I want to focus on the love between Shirley and Dennis. I have seen it first hand, and what a warm and fuzzy feeling I get when I am with them.

You can read in a previous post, written by Shirley, about how Dennis has stood by her as she has dealt with cancer, not just once, but SIX times.

What I want to do is tell you what I have seen from Dennis.....

I was blessed to be able to go to their home one night last week and prepare dinner for them. This is not the first time that I have been able to do this, but this is the first time that I have actually stayed and ate with them.

It started like any other meal one might have. We prayed, we thanked God for the meal, for our friendship and for our time together in christian fellowship As we sat there and laughed and talked, Dennis decided to share how he felt the day that he and Shirley renewed their vows.

I have NEVER been so moved in ALL of my life!!!!

There sat this 62 yr. old man, sharing his love for his wife as if they were 20 yrs. old and just married!!!! He told me that he didn't think that he would be emotional during the service....he laughed it off and said that he new it was important to Shirley to have this ceremony, but that he really didn't think that he would be "moved" by it......rofl

I'm laughing, because even as he is tell me this, he had tears forming in his eyes. He told me how he almost melted into the carpet when he saw his wife of 40 years being walked down the isle by his (their) two beautiful daughters....and that is when it started....he told me that he could feel the tears in his eyes and he thought "I have to keep it together"....


He was so overwhelmed with emotion thru the whole service....he said that Shirley never stops amazing him....she had just got out of the hospital on Friday and the service was on Sunday. He told how impressed he was when it was time to recite the vows that they had written for one another....(we all sat there laughing as he tells how he had to read from a piece of paper, and then when it was Shirley turn, she proudly recited 5 min. worth of vows FROM MEMORY!!!).

The two of them kept looking at one another as the story was being told....every now and then one would reach across the table and take the others hand and give it a ever so slight squeeze. Both of them just glowed as the story was told. And I was so blessed that they shared it with me.

Dennis even told me how he felt when everyone came back to the house to help celebrate! He said how important it was for everyone of them to be there. How much it meant to him to see the christian fellowship taking place in celebration of the love that he and Shirley share!

He truly does love his wife and it can be seen when you see the two of them together! Thank you both for showing me what true love looks like!

Let me share with all of you out there in blog world a few pictures that were taken of the two of them.....a wonderful friend, Deanna, blessed them with her talents and took these great photos. If any of you reading are in San Antonio, and need some family photos taken, you might want to give her a call.....she does GREAT work! (Thanks again Deanna for doing this for our dear friends). Here is a link to her website: http://www.deannawilks.photoreflect.com/


And now for the pics.....ENJOY!





How sweet is this?


I love that she is holding his hand!


Out on the back deck....


We had to take some on the motorcycle, they love
riding together!


I love this shot of her resting on his shoulder!


Sweet.....


Are you feeling it yet? Can you see
the love between them?


I know you can now!!!! Simply an
AMAZING shot!

And of course, I have to include a few shots of just Shirley! I love you Shirley!
MORE, MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment