Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thankful for:

June 23, 1968

I have had a very good day today. Had lunch with a couple of great friends before going to the hospital to get accessed to my port for my chemo treatment tomorrow. We had fun talking again about our Women's Retreat this past weekend and what a blast we had.

I have been thinking how blessed I am and thankful for my precious family. My husband who has stuck by my side even after so many times struggling with my cancer. I have heard of spouses leaving their loved ones when going through this because of fear or whatever. My sweet hubby has always been right by my side to encourage me and be my strong tower to lean on when I am weak.

I am thankful also for my beautiful daughters Dianna and Sandra who have also been there by my side and make frequent calls to check on me and let me know they are thinking of me and praying for me. They are so loving, caring, and thoughtful with hearts of gold. Their beauty is obvious from the outside but their true beauty comes from the inside. I have been blessed with two wonder sons-in-law and 6 of the most awesome grandchildren in the world. (Sorry world)

I have a sweet friend Terry who is coming over to help me with my blogging and to post pictures on my site. I am having fun with this one and hopefully it will keep me busy and out of trouble.
I have lots to be thankful for today and wanted to share it all with you.

I pray that you are also having a wonderful day.
July 2008
Our 40th Wedding Anniversary Vowel Renewal
The KISS!!!!
OOOOOOOO, LA LA!!!

My beautiful family!

3 comments:

  1. Shirley,

    So glad we could spend the weekend together. You are really an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others. Your ever-smiling face is such a joy.

    Loved meeting your sweet daughter Sandy! Give her my love when you talk to her next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey beautiful lady!!! The blog looks GREAT!
    ooooooooooooooooooooo laaaaaaaa laaaaaaaaa
    (grinning from ear to ear)

    Thank you sweet friend, for being just that, a sweet friend! Thank you for giving me the courage to face each new day!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it going, Shirley!!...the Lord is bound to use this site in a mighty way to draw others to Himself. The Word of your testimony is powerful...so keep writing. Thanks, Terry, for encouraging our sweet Shirley in this....never knew you were such a computer geek...I mean guru! Love you ladies,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete