Friday, April 10, 2009

Having complete peace through cancer

You have just been told that you or a loved one has cancer. What do you do? How do you feel? What fears do you go through?

As a born again child of God, I have the "complete and perfect peace of God that transcens all understanding," Phil. 4:7
I became a Christian in 1979. Unfortunately, for many years, I did not walk as I should have as a Christian. There were years when I thought I could manage my own life and walked on the fence line. I knew I was saved but still did not have a true relationship with my Heavenly Father. Not because He didn't want it but because I did not spend time in His presence getting to know him better. Then, I was fearful of what would happen to me after I died. Now, I have complete peace that when He chooses to take me from this world, I will be in His loving presence for all eternity. I know I am going HOME. This is why I have no fear in my journey with cancer. I am in a win/win situation. Either God will heal me here on earth for the 6th time or he will take me home where I will NEVER have to face cancer again.

As Easter approaches in a couple of days, it is a great time to remember what He has done for us. Christ came to die for us but as we celebrate Easter, we must remember that He rose and now sits at the right hand of God. He died on our behalf and took our sins to the grave so that we might be with Him in heaven for all eternity.

I woke up this morning around 2:00AM with these thoughts on my mind for my blog. Perhaps it is because God knows someone would be reading this blog who does not know Him as Lord and Savior. If that is you, it is very simple to become His child and know beyond any doubt that you too can be guaranteed a place in heaven when your time comes.

We are all sinners and none of us can "work" our way to heaven nor can we be perfect enough to get there. God tells us in His Word:
Romans 3:23-24
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace throught the redemptions that is in Christ Jesus....

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlsting life.

If you have never received Christ as your Savior, what an awesome way to celebrate this Easter. Simple ask Him for forgiveness of your sin and invite Him into your lives, thank Him for dying on our behalf. If you do this then go tell someone and share the great news.

He tells us:Rev: 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

He is waiting for you, open your door to Him and have everlasting life with Him. Have a very blessed Easter.

1 comment: