Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time of death 9:36AM

We were stationed in Athens, Greece in 1979 when I was aero vacced to Turkey for an emergency surgery. It was scary because I had to go alone for a major surgery in a strange country. My husband had to stay home for work and our two precious daughters who were 3 and 5 years at the time.

I boarded the plane with several patients and I began my journey with a bang. I was not paying attention to the seating in the plane. We began to taxi off and I passed out. I had not noticed that we were facing the back of the plane and it completely threw my balance off. I was attended by the doctor on board and a couple of nurses and then I was fine for the rest of the trip.

We arrived in Turkey late in the evening and settled into my room and prepared for surgery first thing the next morning.

My surgery went well and as only God could plan it, there was one friend from a previous base that was there at my bedside when I woke up. He worked in the hospital and saw my name come across his desk so he went to visit me. He walked into my room and what a relief to see a familiar face because I had been scared being alone. He asked me how I was feeling. I told him "I feel fine but I had a very strange dream". He told me to tell him my dream so I did.

I told him that in my dream I was floating just below the ceiling and felt like I was watching myself in a movie. I saw the nurse take me from the OR to recovery. However, in the hallway, I heard her yell "CODE BLUE". She began to give me mouth to mouth and was beating on my chest. As I watched this I thought "why don't I feel anything"? Many other patients were gathered around us by now and the doctor that had done my surgery showed up at the same time the code blue cart showed up. The doctor told everyone to get me into the recovery room away from the other patients and out of the hallway. He then hit me with the paddles to get my heart going again but nothing happened.

Next, he had my right hand in his and was still trying to get a pulse. He turned to the nurse on his right. Looking at his watch he said "We,ve lost her, time of death 9:36. Go contact her husband". In that instant, I floated through the ceiling, the roof, and past the clouds into the presence of our Heavenly Father. I saw many loved ones that had passed away years before and they formed a line on either side of me. However, they did not greet me and I thought that was strange. At the end of the line they had formed was our Lord in all His Shikaina Glory. I could not see His face but His right hand reaching out toward me. I said "Lord, if it is my time I want to stay here but please take care of my babies". At that point, He put his hands on each of my shoulders and turned me around 180 degrees and said "it is not your time, you must go back and raise your children". As I was going through the line of loved ones again in reverse, they were waiving at me. Then, I came back through the clouds, the roof, and the ceiling and into my body. There was a sheet over my head which I pulled back and saw a nurse there with her back to me. When she heard me, she ran out of the room and I never saw her again.

When I had finished telling our friend my dream, he went pale and said "I have to get back to work now". Within 5 minutes, the nurse I had seen in my dream came into my room and said "I hear you had a dream". To which I answered yes and she said "tell me all about it".
I told her exactly what I had told my friend and she too went pale. Then she said "everything you said happened, happened exactly as you said".

I was dead for almost 5 minutes. By God's grace, the nurse was not able to contact my husband and tell him I had passed away. God had planned for him to be in Crete for the day and not in Athens. God was and is ALWAYS in complete control.

I remember what I saw and felt while in heaven but I am very tired now after going to the hospital so will have to finish my story another day.

May you have a very blessed day.

1 comment: