Saturday, April 18, 2009

My minutes in Heaven

In my previous blog, I wrote how I had been sent to Turkey from Greece for an emergency surgery and was pronounced dead.



The second I heard "time of death 9:36", I floated through the ceiling, the roof, and through the clouds. The time it took to reach the "light" was in the blink of an eye. When I got to heaven, I saw loved ones that had passed on, some years before. I thought it was strange, they had formed a line on either side of me and were smiling at me but not coming to great me. At the end of the line they had formed was the brightest and most beautiful light I have ever seen. I knew without doubt that it was God and I was not afraid. I didn't walk toward it but more like I floated toward the light. All I could see was the right hand of God reaching out toward me. I said "God, if it is my time I want to stay, but please take care of my babies for me". At that time, my girls were 3 and 6 years old.



Immediately after saying that, I felt the Lord put his hands on both my sholders and made me do a 180 degree turn back to where I came from and said "It is not time, you must go back and raise your children". I came back through the clouds, the roof, ceiling and back into my body.



I soOOooo remember in heaven what I saw and heard. It is more amazing than any words can ever describe and I was there for only a few short minutes. I can't wait to see all that I did not see. For instance, the face of my Lord and Savior. I was in His presence and could see his right hand but that was all.



I could look directly into the bright like and it did not hurt or blind my eyes as the sun does. It is the most beautiful white immaginable and the glory of God can be felt all around.



There was the sound of 1000s of angels singing. In my soul, I know they were singing praises to God but in a language I have never heard before. It was like I was surrounded by beautiful voices from every part of heaven. I could hear them and sense their presence but I could not see them. It felt like the singing was coming from within my body.

I remember the temperature being perfect with just a whisp of a breeze in the air. The smell of all kinds of sweet fragances filled my nose. I was in total, complete, and perfect peace and truly wanted to stay there.



I adore my babies and my husband but now understand when scriptures tell us there will be no tears or sorrow in heaven. I adore and love my family and I knew and remembered they existed, but in heaven, I did not feel any tears for them or sorrow. I know it must sound cold but I am convinced that is what God means in scripture when he tells us there will be no tears or pain in heaven. Otherwise, I would have been crying my heart out for them.



At the time this happened, I was not walking with the Lord as I am now. I had grown up Catholic. I had no doubt there is a God but did know know then that I could have a real and true relationship with him. When I became a born again Christian, I was amazed to find out that our Heavenly Father desires to have a close relationship with us. John 10:14 says "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me". Even though I was not walking with the Lord then, He knew I would become His precious daughter in time and will spend eternity in Heaven with him. Perhaps that is the reason He allowed me to see what my eternal home will be like. That is definately why I do not fear my cancer even though the doctors continue to tell me I have only months to live.

I know that ONLY God knows the number of my days here on earth and when He is ready, He will take me home to be with him for all eternity.

My journey to heaven, if only for a few brief minutes, has brought me peace during many trials and deep valleys in life. I would like to say that I was His perfect child once that happened but I am human and still stumbled time and time again. I don't know why he would allow me this priviledge and perhaps not to everyone. Maybe it is so that I can share this trip with others to give hope and encouragement.

I pray, especially if you are going through some tough times, that you and I can remember that God does love us unconditionally and wants what is best for us. After all, he sent His only Son to die on our behalf that we might have eternal life with him. Just because we go through some deep valleys does not mean that He has turned his back on us. Perhaps, He is choosing to allow us to see for ourselves where our faith is when things are not going perfectly in our lives.

It is easy to Praise Him when all is well. However, can we still Praise Him when all is not going perfect in our lives?

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment