Monday, July 13, 2009

Praising God, doctors were wrong.

I know it has been some time since I last journaled and time to catch up.

I Praise God that it has now been 13 months since my oncologist gave me 4-11 months to live and here I am. I rejoice and thank our Heavenly Father for watching over me these months and keeping me from the pain from cancer. It has now been 11 months since I have had to take any morphine for the bone cancer pain.

This has been a wonderful year filled with God's blessings. I have been through some tough months with my liver functions being 5X higher than they should be for a few weeks. Then I came down with very painful Shingles. Good news is I got a 5 week break from my chemo treatments. All is well now and I began my treatments again 2 weeks ago.

I have been blessed in so many ways this past year. Not only has our Heavenly Father heard and answered prayers going up on my behalf but continues to show me His sweet love through so many sisters and brothers in Christ. I have been driven to all my chemo treatments, friends have brought food, gifts, sent encouraging cards, and come to visit and call on a regular basis. I have been blessed by precious little children drawing pictures for me, making me tie dye shirts, making bracelets, etc. Another dear sweet friend (her name is Shirley too) gave me a prayer shawl that she had knitted for me. She made me cry because she said she prayed over me the whole time she was making it for me.

We were blessed because our daughter Dianna and two of her sons came to visit us this past week. Unfortunately it was way to short for grandpa and I but so grateful for the wonderful time we did have together. They were also a great support for me and took me to my chemo treatment while they were here. We are also looking forward to our other daughter Sandy and her children coming to visit at the end of this month.

Gee, my blessing go on and on and on.Thank each of you for being such a precious angel in my life, for your love, your support, help, and encouragment. I do thank God for each one of you and know I am blessed beyond anything I can ever imagine. To think this is just a taste of what heaven will be like. Wow!!!!!

Well, I pray you too continue to be showered with God's blessings daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment