Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Here I am Lord...use me



Hi, no, this is not Shirley, but her friend Terry....

I have taken it upon myself to start this blog for her....

So, look forward to hearing lots from this sweet woman soon...but until then let me share just a little

Shirley is a AMAZING woman!!! If you want to be inspired, just keeping checking in here to see how God is using her. I titled this post "Here I am Lord...use me" because that is the way that Shirley takes EVERYDAY. She has a story of survivoring that will just bless your shocks off!!

I met Shirley 4 years ago at a woman retreat. Little did I know then that she would become such an important part of my life! I just can not imagine my life without her in it.

As her profile states, she has been fighting cancer for over 10 years. And never once has her faith waivered!!! Never once has she doubted that God would use her to bless others!!!

I could go on and on...but I will stop....I want her to share her story. May she be as much of a blessing to you all as she has been to me!!!

Terry

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley
    I know your story and this is a wonderful way to glorify God and give hope to many. I love you girl.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was a good day. I got to share time with a very dear friend as she took me to my chemo treatment. She dropped me off at the hospital entrance and went to park her car. While I was waiting for her at the entrance, I met a precious little lady, Vicky. She said she was 73 years old and a little doll. She was waiting for her daughter to pick her up. It was very windy and she showed me a plastic cap she thought she should tie on her head. She did not want her wig to fly off. Thank you dear Vicky for a good laugh. She was a funny bunny.
    My chemo treatment went well. Got home and straight to bed as I was very neasous. My friend Terry is also a cancer surviror (2x. She said she thinks it hit me harder this week because I am still recoperating from our Women's Retreat this past weekend. It did hit me harder than normal but the retreat was SO with it. Hoping you have a very blessed day.

    ReplyDelete